& abstract submission
hotels in Thun
The next MECANO General Meeting will take place on September 4th and 5th, 2014 in Thun, Switzerland at EMPA.
GDRI MECANO is an international network, funded by CNRS, and focused on the mechanical properties of nano-objects.
For this third meeting, the scientific committee has chosen a scientific program structured around the following seven topics:
1. Simulation of Mechanical Properties (ab-initio, MD, DDD, FEM, …)
2. Small Scale Mechanics (plasticity, fracture, creep, …)
3. In-situ Mechanical Testing Methods
4. Micro/Nano-Diffraction (coherent diffraction, Laue, …)
5. Micro/Nano-Microscopy (TEM, EBSD, …)
6. Synthesis of Nano-objects/Films/Multilayers
7. Internal Stresses and Phase Transformations (growth stress, interfaces, instabilities, …)
GDRi Coordinator : Olivier Thomas (IM2NP, Aix-Marseille University)
Co-coordinators : Anne Ponchet (CEMES, CNRS, Toulouse) and T. Pardoen (Université Catholique Louvain, Belgium)